Digitrax “Program Track Empty”

Topherisme

Chris wants more hobby time!!!
So I have been laying track, running trains, all good. Ordered a couple more locos and decided to get into the Digitrax DCS 210+ cv programming before they get here. Placed one of my current locos on program track and attempted to change address from factory 3 to road number, nothing happens except “Program Track Empty” scroll. Have tried the quick decoder set up, have tried the Pd and Pg programming, same results. Checked wiring to track section, all seems proper, a and b program track outlets are being used. Completely baffled that the command station cannot pick up the decoder on any of the locos, Atlas, BLI or Bachman…

I will do what needs done to set cv value, press “Write”, screen will blink after a few seconds, Program Track Empty will start scrolling on the bottom. Same goes for “Read”…
I am using 14 g wire from command station connected to 16 g wire to track, is the 16 g to thin to communicate successfully?

Will give it a shot once I get home from work. Read and re read that darn manual, don’t remember seeing anything about it needing to by physically attached to the station for programming purposes but maybe I missed it…
Visited an open house at a train club couple months ago, used Digitrax, happened to notice they had an extra component by the programming track. I enquired about it, and that was their response, some decoders need a little extra programming juice. Have to look into that…

Will give it a shot once I get home from work. Read and re read that darn manual, don’t remember seeing anything about it needing to by physically attached to the station for programming purposes but maybe I missed it…
Visited an open house at a train club couple months ago, used Digitrax, happened to notice they had an extra component by the programming track. I enquired about it, and that was their response, some decoders need a little extra programming juice. Have to look into that…
I think the device is a PTB100, or something very similar in name.

that's a Soundtraxx product. Wires in between the command station and the programming track with an additional set of wires going to a power supply for that boost.

Nothing…. Throttle connected to station, nothing. Rewired and resoldered program track, nothing. Followed video tutorials, nothing. Nothing but program track empty…. How frustrating!!!

Nothing…. Throttle connected to station, nothing. Rewired and resoldered program track, nothing. Followed video tutorials, nothing. Nothing but program track empty…. How frustrating!!!
Looks like you'll need to get in touch with Digitrax.

You might try cleaning ehe wheels on the loco real good. Don't use an abrasive but instead use a paint thinner or mineral spirits to break down the crud.
Just put some of the liquid on a small peice of paper towel, lay it across the tracks then hold the locomotive so the front trucks are on the paper towel and able to spin. Do the same with the rear trucks then, always keeping the other trucks on the rails to pick up power.

Cleaned wheels on locos, no change.
Digitrax support tells me just program in Ops mode on mainline should solve my problem, not the response I was looking for 🤬

Gonna split the main line track wires from station, connect from there to program track, kill power to the main line with toggle to isolate power to just the program track. Just a little ticked off, feel like I shouldn’t have to take extra steps for an expensive item that should work as advertised…. Is what it is right now I guess

Back