Detail kit question

posse

I was wondering if the Walthers Cornerstone detail kit 933-822 for Athearn F7A and B, is any good? Are the pecies good quality, accurate? I have an Athearn F7A and B that I would like to try to do a little detailing to.

I have not used it, but for $5, id give it a shot. Just the glass kit alone would make the engine look a lot better.

Walthers Diesel detail kit

Posse, I've used that particular kit many, many times and never had any issues with it and feel it does the job it was intended for. Just my 2 cents worth ! Joe
:D

Detail Associates makes a much better one. Theirs is listed as a detail kit for Stewart F units, but it will work on any shell. The rails and grabs are finer and closer to scale appearance. They're a little more expensive, around ten bucks, but look soooooo much better.

Thank you all for the responses. I'll stop in my local hobby store after work tomarrow and get one ordered. I have to order my Proto 2000 F7 that is on sale and can't refuse.:)

The DA kit has wire details (grabs, railings, eyelets) & MU hoses. No glass because they are done for either Stewart or Genesis units that have glass. If you want really good window glass for Athearn Blue Box F's, get the American Model Builder F unit window kit. It has the inserts to correct the Blue Box's incorrect F unit windshileds. You'll spend a few more bucks, but the unit will look 10 times better than one done with the Walthers kit.

Thanks, I just picked up a Bachmann Plus F-7 and am about to detail it for CN I was going to bend my own grabs for it but at ten bucks the DA kit is too good to pass up. (the Bachmann engine alread comes wit glass so no problem there.)

Back