DCC Sound

trainmastr1

CEO- CV&WRR
I recently have been thinking of upgrading to DCC...but am wondering if going the extra expense of adding sound is really worth it. It sounds good in many units in HO scale...but was wondering how it was in N-Scale. Have not had the chance yet to hear it first hand, so I am looking for additional opinions.

I recently have been thinking of upgrading to DCC...but am wondering if going the extra expense of adding sound is really worth it. It sounds good in many units in HO scale...but was wondering how it was in N-Scale. Have not had the chance yet to hear it first hand, so I am looking for additional opinions.

I have heard some, but not all of the N scale loco's with sound. What I have heard doesn't impress me enough to spend the money for it. Just try and find some in the LHS's that they can run for you, and judge for yourself if it's worth it or not.

Get into it gradually & learn as you go like me!

Thanks Andy! Good advice... I know that train control is the primary function, and the sound is like frosting on the cake..lol! I am just re-building my inventory from scratch again, so it will be a slow process.

If you end up w/ alot of sound locos all going at once, you'll be turning it off or way down because it'll be too damn LOUD!!!! LOL

Back