DCC programming questions

I just started using the program called JMRI (great program by the way) and I want to know if its possible to have the front head light (depending on direction of travel) be on full bright and the rear facing head lamp either "flash" or "pulse/strobe" then when the direction of travel changes (going in reverse) the lights switch accordingly...is any of this possible? if not is there a way to at least set it up so when the engine is going forward the front is solid on and the rear light is either "strobe/pulse" or a "mars light/gyro light"??

I just started using the program called JMRI (great program by the way) and I want to know if its possible to have the front head light (depending on direction of travel) be on full bright and the rear facing head lamp either "flash" or "pulse/strobe" then when the direction of travel changes (going in reverse) the lights switch accordingly...is any of this possible? if not is there a way to at least set it up so when the engine is going forward the front is solid on and the rear light is either "strobe/pulse" or a "mars light/gyro light"??
That would depend on the specific decoder not JMRI. One would have to read the manual for that decoder.

But I'll ask this. Why would you want that? The prototype have the headlamp change to red on reverse because theoretically that is then the end of the train. Moving lights are usually to get people's attention because the train/loco is moving toward them.

well the train in question has no red lights on it :( (came from factory like that) as for the decoder I know that both lights can be on forward or reverse, I got it to do that before...but if you think having the loco set up so only one is on at a time for it being the lead thats cool, I was originally planing this to be a pusher unit and usually have it placed at the rear of the train as a helper type loco...

ok got another update, my experiment was successful as far as im concerned, I figured out how to get the F0F and F0R to light up while the engine is in forward mode, and then for F0R to only light up when gling in reverse...so as far as im concerned its a success :)

Back