DCC poer expansion

mike8693

DCC power questions

Sorry I am really basic on my dcc knowledge. I am looking at the Nce power cab and the Mrc prodigy express. I am like broke so thats about as advanced as I can afford. My question is I have a 5 amp Nce power supply can I add it on to either system?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you already have a NCE power supply, I'd say go with the NCE system - even if it costs a tad more. Lots of people use NCE PowerCabs and are very happy with them. I'm not quite so sure about MRC though...

Almost any power booster with an external power supply can be used with almost any system. It might be a matter of changing the plug type of the power supply but any system that has anu auxilary input will use a power booster. Most use a 5 volt power supply so it's pretty universal. I'd agree with Ken that, since you already have the NCE booster, you might as well get an NCE controller. No fiddling with power supply plugs and there is a warranty issue using another company's power booster.

What is the model number of the 5 amp supply you have? If it's a power pro you wouldn't need the power cab, but just a controller.

Back