DCC capable hi-nose GP9 in CP livery?

GEXR

Hello all,

I am looking for a hi-nose GP9 in HO to use on minimum 18" curves. It can be either tuscan and grey or action red with the multi-mark.

Does anyone know of or have experience with a reliable and detailed high-nose GP9 that I could one day use with DCC? Hopefully one with 8 wheel pick-up considering I will be using #4 turnouts with insulated frogs. Also, does anyone know about what year the tuscan and grey scheme disappeared on the GP9's?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas!

-James

not sure if they did the red but I've always liked the P2K GP9s myself and I think the action red came in in the early70s so I think you could run a Tuscan well wreathed up to 76 with out any issues

Yea, the P2K came up in my searches. How well do they run? They look to be very well-detailed models. However, I have read about some P2K models that do not resemble the prototypes. Do these models have specific details based on what road they are painted for or are they all the same? Do they offer a DCC version?

I noticed that I can get the P2K in the old block lettering for CP. If I go for the tuscan & grey scheme I would like to have the script lettering, if possible.

Does anyone else have experience with other manufacturers that I should consider?

Thanks.

-James

Back