DCC Bus Wiring

If you do decide to solder feeders to the buss wire, the hardest part is stripping the wire. I picked up a set of Klein wire strippers. A couple of seconds and a squeeze on the handles, done! You are stripped!
Sounds like a plan. I Googled Klein strippers and 3 different ones came up. Which one did you settle on? Also did you make one cut in the middle and just push the casing aside to get a spot to solder or did you have to make two cuts and remove the piece in between first?

No pre cutting needed. The strippers will grab the wire and push the insulation back. You can vary the amount of wire stripped by how much you squeeze the handles. These two pieces of wire are 20ga. The black one is solid wire and that's as far as the strippers will go, 3/4 inch. The green wire is stranded with just a little bit stripped back.
IMG_20220103_035123073.jpg

I'm stripping 14 & 20 ga wire so this is the set I got.
IMG_20220103_033605610.jpg

Great! Thanks for the explanation and the pictures. That certainly looks like the way to go. I actually have an old Craftsman wire stripper that looks very similar to the Klein. I'll give that one a try first. You have been very helpful.

Back