D&D Steel

don_csx

Hello guys, I figured I would post a couple pictures of my steel mill I been working on. I'm open to any comments and suggestion on the mill.

100_5214.png

100_5208.png

100_5209.png

100_5204.png

100_5203.png

100_5205.png

Very nice. Nothing needs improvement as far as I can see. I do have one question though: Did they have those offset cab big haulers in your time frame? The big orange truck in the third photo. Jim :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I'm modeling between 70 and 75. They are ment more for haul in a strip job but I just set it there for now because I have no where else to set it.

Your mill looks very nice.

To make it look more realistic, there needs to be more weathering. The locomotives would only look that clean for a day or two after they came out of the paint shop. Also the Blast furnace and powerhouse in particular could use some more weathering.

I worked in a steel mill for over 9 years, everything is dirty!

Glenn

Looks great, you've included lots of piping, conveyors, and other goodies needed to make it look cluttered that most people leave out!
The mill I go into everyday has very little empty space, there's something everywhere including steel bars and products.

Is there anything new happening don csx? Iam about to start laying track soon for my all steel railroad. Some buildings are done. On your layout you used part of the refinery for the blue building, what would it be its purpose?

cheers ironman

in the last picture, there is an orange loco that is sitting under some sort of over head crane or loadernear the tiny engine, is that a UK Class 08 shunter you have, if so can I see a close up pic of the couplers, it looks like you got KDs on it and if yours is a railroad version of the Hornby Class08 I would like to put KDs on mine also...

Love the work you did on your layout, I also agree with the rest weather lots more, especially the locos, they would be massively dirty. also whats the tiny engine near the overhead crane sitting bottom right by its self? is it a pug of sorts?

Back