CW80 Transformer 1908080 is a disaster

ActorMike

1980s Transformer vs. 2021 Transformer-

It is really sad when a used 1980s product outperforms a 2021 product. I have a vintage Tyco US-1 Trucking set that came with a 6V hobby transformer. I purchased a AFX transformer with three power output settings and it brought new life to my old set. That is what I expected when I purchased this "Cw80 transformer (new & improved)". It can't even power a bumper track with a gateman accessory. Good thing I had that, or I would have never known the transformer did not work properly with accessories!

Defective Lionel products so far in the past year-
-Non-Working app for 9+ months
-Defective Gateman
-Santa Speeder with wrong figures inside
-Non-Working 2021 Transformer
-New Highway Lamp flickers

The only thing I've bought that works was the Polar Express Set, and technically it didn't work either because the app had issues for months that were not fixed.

Also, I'd like to have been in the room when they decided to name this redesigned power supply released in 2021. A redesigned product with the same name as the previous one (CW-80) wasn't a smart business decision IMHO.

1980s Transformer vs. 2021 Transformer-

It is really sad when a used 1980s product outperforms a 2021 product. I have a vintage Tyco US-1 Trucking set that came with a 6V hobby transformer. I purchased a AFX transformer with three power output settings and it brought new life to my old set. That is what I expected when I purchased this "Cw80 transformer (new & improved)". It can't even power a bumper track with a gateman accessory. Good thing I had that, or I would have never known the transformer did not work properly with accessories!

Defective Lionel products so far in the past year-
-Non-Working app for 9+ months
-Defective Gateman
-Santa Speeder with wrong figures inside
-Non-Working 2021 Transformer
-New Highway Lamp flickers

The only thing I've bought that works was the Polar Express Set, and technically it didn't work either because the app had issues for months that were not fixed.

Also, I'd like to have been in the room when they decided to name this redesigned power supply released in 2021. A redesigned product with the same name as the previous one (CW-80) wasn't a smart business decision IMHO.
Sorry, I'll stick with my cheap Hornby DC controller and my Digitrax DCC throttle, I have no time for newfangled apps, which will only work after the bugs have been fixed, usually 12-18 months after the initial release. I hope you returned and got a refund for you "new and improved" CW80 transformer.

Back