Current scrachbuilds

RonP

Hey guys i am new here. i model HO and am part of a club in my town.

I just figured i would start a thread with my projects as i see so much good stuff here.
These are made of wood, actually i have found that white pine is a great cheap wood
to use if you can use a table saw. White pine is a great alternative for balsa and you
can get it easy enough (where i am).

I am deciding at the moment if i should buy windows and doors or make them...

Last edited by a moderator:
only advice i have for wood is to score a straight line with a ruler before you cut threw the wood

Really looks good . I think you should make your own windows if you have the time . They would go along with the rest of your building !Also welcome to the forum !

It's got the rough look of the prototype picture underneath the model. Looks like maybe it was part of mine or something?

I'd personally buy windows if they were available mainly because I'm lazy and make lousy windows. :) It looks like you've got a lot of windows that are probably not standard size so you'd have to make windows anyway. This may be an area where strip styrene will do a better job than wood. No worries about splintering wood for those small frams and you can cut it to size easily with an exacto knife. Once the building is painted and weathered, you'll never be able to tell the difference.

Well these windows will surely be the death of me.

Whats worse is my wife is in on the idea mill now.

idea's and acts = be quiet and listen to her.

That's really impressive. I like the idea of build your own windows (Idid it myself when I scratchbuilt a CPR enginehouse) but it is really time consuming.

Some more pictures of the projects i have going, i hope the pictures of the tree's look as good as they do first hand.

Lookin' good Ron. Doesn't your wife get pissed with you growing trees in the kitchen counter? :) I know I'd be a dead man.

You should bring one of those by the club to show every one. A clinic on how to build them would be cool too. Hint Hint ;)

Lookin' good Ron. Doesn't your wife get pissed with you growing trees in the kitchen counter? :) I know I'd be a dead man.

You should bring one of those by the club to show every one. A clinic on how to build them would be cool too. Hint Hint ;)
She was out at a friends with the kids you know how it works tree falls no-ones there to hear it. All cleaned up, i guess i'd be caught if she did the forum thing.:D

Very nice job. I always admire people with the patience to do that kind of board by board building.

Thanks for the compliments. Here is a similar tank that I am currently constucting, it is going to be an entry in the model contest at the Bentonville show at the end of the month. In the background is the tank for a C&S Baker tank along with a WSL inspired one.

Back