Creating a waterslide

chimmike

UP and BNSF freelancer
So, for my N-scale, I had this idea the other day.
Using tube brass or metal I can bend (maybe even brake line!) bending pieces, cutting them in smaller sections, and chopping the top half off, to create something like a 'flume' slide, twisting and turning and what not, into some water.

Anyone know if this has been done before? I'd have to find bunches of little stairways and platforms to lead to the top, make custom styrene framework and what not, but I think it'd be a really cool, unique addition to the layout.

I would think something like small diameter heat shrink tubing would be a better bet. You can use a hair dryer to shape it onto ovals and then cut off the top halves. Should glue together better than brass too, plus it's cheap.

true, but it'll be tricky trying to cut it into small pieces and into circles and stuff because it's so flexible.....but definitely worth looking into.

You can get some pretty stiff heat shrink tubing. Check at Radio Shack. I was just there last night and they had some 8 inch lengths of various colors of heat shrink tubing that was stiff enough that it took some effor t to bend it inot a half circle.

Back