Couple of detail questions.........

SigfanUSAF

Gunsmith
I have a couple of questions.....

1) On the Detail Associates "Canadian Safety Cab" kit, is there a window kit available, or am I reduced to cutting out my own? Here's hoping for a kit, I have three I'll need to do before long.

2) I have an Atlas GP7 decorated for Guilford/Springfield Terminal. I didn't think about this when I bought it, but it's number 14, which since the real 14 was scrapped in 94 or so, it doesn't fit in my 2000 era layout. Any suggestions on how to remove the numbering on the cab without hurting the paint? Number 15 is still in service, so that's my goal....

Thanks in advnce for any help:)

Thanks Josh!

Great instructions on the numbers! I ended up doing both digit as the d**n Microscale numbers were smaller than the Atlas ones. However, we are now number 15!

Will the same work with the numberboards, or am I better aff just to strip and start over?

I'm not aware of anyone making a window set for the DA Canadian wide cab. I used microscale window maker for mine. Railflyer Model Prototypes has a Canadian wide cab in the works that will have windows. You may be able to get there window set and work it to fit.

Thanks Josh!

Great instructions on the numbers! I ended up doing both digit as the d**n Microscale numbers were smaller than the Atlas ones. However, we are now number 15!

Will the same work with the numberboards, or am I better aff just to strip and start over?
You're welcome.

Number boards, I'd just use some Microscale or Shell Scale number board decals, try popping them out & sanding the surface first, to remove the old letters. The removal tip might work, but its just so small of a surface.

Back