Control Panels

I'm using the tried and true Atlas (for the most part) on mine and several turnout switches I got from Willie.
All 13 of the turnout switches are wired and working at this time.

Mine was made of 1/2 leftover plywood from the grandson's train layout and about 1 full can of green paint (because I needed to get rid of the paint anyway). It is attached like a shelf to the train table.

And no I haven't connected the 2nd controller yet! :rolleyes:

View attachment 114023

View attachment 114025
I like what you have done. This is basically what I have done in years past on many layouts. With this picture, I would like to see the underside picture of this hookup. A more instructive photo of the wire hook ups on the underside.
How to find more pictures like this.

I'm using the tried and true Atlas (for the most part) on mine and several turnout switches I got from Willie.
All 13 of the turnout switches are wired and working at this time.

Mine was made of 1/2 leftover plywood from the grandson's train layout and about 1 full can of green paint (because I needed to get rid of the paint anyway). It is attached like a shelf to the train table.

And no I haven't connected the 2nd controller yet! :rolleyes:

View attachment 114023

View attachment 114025

Here is one of my older control panels. I do the artwork in Powerpoint of all programs, print it on a laser printer (ink is waterproof) and laminate it between two sheets of 0.093" thick lexan (polycarbonate). I also add a layer of black cardstock behind the paper to act as a light barrier. I like lexan more than acrylic because it drills easier and tends not to crack like acyrlic. I don't glue any of it. I put the corner holes in first and use a set of screw to hold panels together while I drill the LED and push button holes. I apply pressure to the whole surface with my hand while drilling the holes to preven the paper from tearing. I have a special set of bits I only use for drilling lexan so they stay super sharp. Lastly I start with a small 1/16" bit and drill all the holes and then enlarge them to the final size from there.

I can build the whole panel at my work bench then install it where it needs to go.

Last thing I do (not shown) is after it is mounted I add a protective border around the panel to protect the pushbuttons. I learned the hard way that this is necessary after I had a broom fall over and shear off all the buttons on one of the panels. grrr. had to replace all the buttons on the panel.

https://www.coloradofrontrangerr.com/construction/block-detection-and-signaling/control-panels

Attachments

• control panel.jpg
    control panel.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 119

Back