Code 80 Flex Track

JasonTrain

Back after several years away, forums forgot who I was it seems :).
Some names around these parts are familiar though.

Is it just me or has Atlas code 80 flex track disappeared. I couldn't find it at my local hobby shop, I've checked around the typical online retailers and all seem out of stock.

I have a big investment (several $100's) in existing code 80 track (turnouts, x overs, etc) and was looking to "migrate" my layout off my plywood / foam / cardboard setup to a full foam setup.

Can anyone offer some insight on the why, what, and when of code 80 flex? Ultimately I'm looking to determine if I'm just screwed and have to start all over (e.g. turn away from model railroading :p) or if code 80 is just on a temporary hiatus (i.e. moving mfg to china was one rumor I heard)?

i am new again aswell. it seems atlas has a major issue with production in china. they changed factories or suppliers and cannot get production up to speed.
i am a gun enthusiast as well. so i cannot find ammo or code 80 flex track at a reasonable price. i need a different hobby i guess.

I thought peco had brownish tie's though, not sure how that would look vs the black ties from atlas, any opinions on that?

Tie color

Many people paint the ties and rail to give it a weathered appearance anyway, so the plastic tie color wouldn't matter. If you prefer not to go that route, simply ballasting the track would help to camouflage the difference in the ties.

Atlas has a Facebook page where they said last week that more N scale Code 80 should arrive in April. Everything was delayed after the forced manufacturer change.

Someone around my parts here Bought a ton of this track....Kept the hobby store "thats now shut down,my only source for grab and go." Cleaned out. Especially of switches and connecters.

Back