CN 102/103 Special Train

Guys, in searching for images of E6 to E9 diesels I came across photos of a pair of engines CN owns, namely 102 and 103. Apparently I missed seeing them in person pulling a Grey Cup special in Toronto, and lately (judging by recent photos on railpictures.net) they are in Quebec. I've searched but found very little info about them. It looks like they were in traditional green colours until 4 years ago or so, now they have this cool modern look.

Does anyone know anything about these? Any more sources for good photos? I'd love to build the newly painted passenger car scheme as well, but pics of those seem to be harder to find.

Mark

Yes, I found info on the IC units too, actually on YouTube. (Do a search for IC E9 or E8.) There are 3 or 4 vids of IC 100 and 101 pulling a "Santa Train" with one of the red CN passenger cars in the consist. But those CN ones you found are 102 and 103 and, with recent pics of all 4 units around the web, it would seem that they are not the same units. And the 100 to 104 numbering helps bolster that argument.

I agree Josh, they are stunning with that new/retro look. Gotta get me a pair of Protos to paint up. The end-car isn't a rounded observation, it's more like an old style "deck and rail" (sorry, don't know the proper term for it) so some solid kitbashing will be in order.

BTW, I've seem all the pics I can find on RailPictures on these units - if anyone know of any others, please let me know. :)

Mark

Back