Class Action Law Suits Against Photobucket

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this thread is a couple of months old but it's worth mentioning about PhotoBucket. I used it for something like 10 years and had about 250 linked photos. When they turned the photos off, I simply removed all of the photos and deleted my account. I can imagine that there were other people and organizations that had many more photos than I did and would have been significant;y harmed, but I figured it wasn't worth it for me to continue. Sue them? Not me. Don't care enough about the whole thing. In any case, class actions are a total waste of time for the user since the ony ones who profit by it are attorneys. No thanks.

I know this thread is a couple of months old but it's worth mentioning about PhotoBucket. I used it for something like 10 years and had about 250 linked photos. When they turned the photos off, I simply removed all of the photos and deleted my account. I can imagine that there were other people and organizations that had many more photos than I did and would have been significant;y harmed, but I figured it wasn't worth it for me to continue. Sue them? Not me. Don't care enough about the whole thing. In any case, class actions are a total waste of time for the user since the ony ones who profit by it are attorneys. No thanks.

For people like you or me the idea of suing PB just isn’t worth the trouble. But anybody who was using their photos for commercial purposes etc., then it might be worth the trouble.

For people like you or me the idea of suing PB just isn’t worth the trouble. But anybody who was using their photos for commercial purposes etc., then it might be worth the trouble.

Agreed. There is a backside to lawsuits, though. If you lose, you may well wind up paying the other side for attorney fees and costs. I don't have a copy of their terms and conditions but i'd be surprised if it didn't have an arbitration clause and a choice of whatever state law as well.

I completely agree with you, the photos are yours, and you should be able to recover them without any issues. It's great to hear that attorneys in your area specialize in helping the elderly with their legal matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back