Christmas WeekEND photo fun

Smoke

Southern Railway lives on
Saturday night and no photos:eek:. You guys must be getting old;) :cool:. Anyway I've been weathering latley here are a couple pics. This is only the first layer.

img4096jo5.jpg

img4095at7.jpg

-dekruif

Sorry, I shoulda thought to start it, but I'm so lost on days, having one day off a week kills...

I guess I'll get something up this week (tomorrow)...

Well I posted this in the HO section but Ill do it here too, since I'm still workin on it.

Ill post tomorrows progress after there is some progress..haha

Thats a good lookin boxcar. nice weathering!

Last edited by a moderator:
The C&HV car is lettered for my freelance short line..I use Accurail kit #5999 data only car and added my C&HV decals.

nice trucks Brakie

CP great shot's, i like the one showing the Walthers glacier gravel kit, it's given me an idea for mine which is in nice new condition (for now)

Nice work all. Inspiration... pure inspiration! :D

CP9302,
I really like your weathering. Did you do it yourself. Weathering is an area that I have yet to tread. I am worried that I will flub up a perfectly good loco or piece of rolling stock. Keep the pics coming.

Scott,
Looks like your moving forward. Good work. Dave

Nice work all. Inspiration... pure inspiration! :D

CP9302,
I really like your weathering. Did you do it yourself. Weathering is an area that I have yet to tread. I am worried that I will flub up a perfectly good loco or piece of rolling stock. Keep the pics coming. Dave

Just take a stab at it. Or you could take a look here.
www.modeltrainsweathered.com click on the weatherers forum.

Have fun,
dekruif

dekruif,
Great site. I have it bookmarked and will definitely do some reading tonight.
You know, I do have an old loco that doesn't work anymore... maybe I'll practice some of the methods on the site. Thanks, Dave

Dave... you gotta email Rich and get a user ID, so you can check EVEN MORE out on the forum. Eddie & I have been back & forth for the last week or so with our BNSF plans of grandeur. Plus you can post the car you weathered, and get more advice from the pro's!

CP9302 I love that SD90/43mac! Looking good.

I was wonderin about that! I'll to to email, ive checked out the parts of the site You can get to w/o username/password and WOW ... Ive got some learnin to do

a couple of nice die cast metal 1/50th scale trucks for me the blue one is a DAF 95XF and the green one is a Volvo FH12
PC250034.jpg

A couple shots of my seasonal layout... Note the fine benchwork and intricate scenery! :rolleyes:

But hey, it's lots of fun, and that's what matters. Merry Christmas everyone!

I visited a favorite narrow gauge line Friday night, the Washington Park & Zoo Railway in Portland.

It's a 30" gauge steam railroad, not a model, but definitely fits the Christmas theme.

Merry Christmas everyone. Well so far all I found of what Santa left was a big lump of coal, I'll have to go outside later and look for a real large scale steam engine, was probably to large to leave inside, Boy O' Boy O' boy am I going to be surprised :D

Nice photos all
Cheers Willis

Back