Christmas Trees, Trains and More

Bruette

With my wife's help I managed to get the tree decorated in the family room. I set up our Thomas Kinkade's nativity collection. Jesus is the reason for the season for us. This morning I completed laying the Lionel Fastrack for our family room Christmas Trains. I have one train up and running, Lionel's Christmas "Pioneer" Zephyr. I'm watching and listening to it make its rounds now. The stereo speakers on the Christmas Zephyr are amazing! Lionel's Santa's Flyer and other Christmas train cars and accessories are still in the box. Along with the Christmas Village. God willing, they will be set up and or running soon.

All I managed to do in the living room was to put the carpet down we set the trains, accessories, and tree up on. I can't wait to set up my Hawthorn Village Nativity under the living room tree. I have been searching for it since we moved in here!

My wife was far too busy with Thanksgiving to ask her for help with the living room tree. Like Santa's Flyer, God willing Lionel's Polar Express and other Christmas accessories will be up and running in the living room soon. Pictures and possibly even videos to follow. I'll need my wife's help with the videos.

I can post the completed track plan for the family room Christmas trains. The empty spaces will soon be occupied by various Christmas accessories and other things I like.
1700851596918.png

The First Sunday of Advent (December 3rd) is only a little more than a week away. I hope to have everything set up by then. If not, I will keep at it the best I can.

Please feel free to post your Christmas trains, trees and more. I love Christmas and I am always happy to see pictures. Your Christmas photos and stories would be most welcome.

God Bless Us Everyone!

Last edited:
No train under the tree due to 3 cats that can't keep their paws to themselves. Here's the tree and the Peanuts nativity scene.View attachment 177308View attachment 177309
Tom, that is one classy looking tree, a real beauty! It looks like something out of one of those Halmark movies my wife watches. I love the Peanuts Nativity. Thanks for sharing them.

I've only had one cat; her name was Noel. She was masterful at maneuvering in and out of the tree and around the trains without disturbing a thing. It was comical to watch her high-stepping, one paw at a time over and around the moving trains. When she was young, in the early 2000s, I would often come home from work and find her perched in the middle of the tree. I only noticed her by the lights reflecting in her eyes. She was a little black and white cat and blended in with the decorations as she hid in the dark spots. I had many nicknames for Noel. One was "Christmas cat". She loved Christmas. From the time we pulled out the boxes to set up for Christmas. Through the holiday season and when we pulled out the boxes to put it all away. Noel loved it all. She enjoyed climbing and hiding in the boxes. Another of my nicknames for her was "Middle River Box Cat" If there were no boxes she usually in or around the Christmas tree. When she got older she no longer climbed into the tree.
1701111021700.png

Here is a pix of our tree. Wait - no pix as we have young cats that *love* tree climbing. All four of them get up the Maple out back about 30ft and just sit. Ok, so add some swinging ornaments and you have a cat catcher. Maria and I decided better off without this year.

Love y'alls trees so far!

Later

Here is a pix of our tree. Wait - no pix as we have young cats that *love* tree climbing. All four of them get up the Maple out back about 30ft and just sit. Ok, so add some swinging ornaments and you have a cat catcher. Maria and I decided better off without this year.

Love y'alls trees so far!

Later
I too will share our tree we put up over the weekend. I don’t have a train either. Have to figure out how to keep the puppy from dragging out the tree skirt.

View attachment 177397
Sprinkle pepper around the tree, that usually works to keep animals away, I'm told chilli pepper works too, but I've never tried using that.

The snow flocked trees do look great with the warm white LEDs, but they are a mess while setting up. That stuff falls and gets tracked everywhere.

Once their up, it's totally worth the look!
I have three full size Christmas Trees. Sadly, none of them have snow.

The first tree was given to me by my late sister, Theresa, after I lost all my Christmas stuff after my divorce. That is a very special tree, and it is set up in my special place, the attic, my train room/playpen my "happy" place. I have no idea where she got it, but it is from the mid-eighties, and I love it!

The second tree, I bought on a whim. My current wife, my "little Angel" and I rented a house and moved in on Halloween 2005. We had space for a second tree. I was in K-Mart, (I loved and miss K-Mart) they had a fantastic sale on a 7' pre-lit with hundreds of color changing LEDs and remote-control tree. I never use the remote, but I did buy spare batteries for it! The Kicker (for me) the tree was called the Laramie. Short story, getting longer, I bought it. I’m a sucker for good advertising. The "Laramie" (I loved that TV show and I watch it whenever I can) is now in our family room.

The third tree my wife picked out. After we bought this house, we had room for a third tree. Her tree is a 7' Balsam Hill a pre-lit slimline or something like that. The "skinny tree" I call it. We bought that one for "her" living room. I visit the living room to watch movies and TV with her and as she says, "to make a mess". I remind her "you love me, and you married me for better or worse." Not to mention I am "tall dark and handsome" ;) and I should add modest. 😁

Last edited:
With my wife's help I managed to get the tree decorated in the family room. I set up our Thomas Kinkade's nativity collection. Jesus is the reason for the season for us. This morning I completed laying the Lionel Fastrack for our family room Christmas Trains. I have one train up and running, Lionel's Christmas "Pioneer" Zephyr. I'm watching and listening to it make its rounds now. The stereo speakers on the Christmas Zephyr are amazing! Lionel's Santa's Flyer and other Christmas train cars and accessories are still in the box. Along with the Christmas Village. God willing, they will be set up and or running soon.

All I managed to do in the living room was to put the carpet down we set the trains, accessories, and tree up on. I can't wait to set up my Hawthorn Village Nativity under the living room tree. I have been searching for it since we moved in here!

My wife was far too busy with Thanksgiving to ask her for help with the living room tree. Like Santa's Flyer, God willing Lionel's Polar Express and other Christmas accessories will be up and running in the living room soon. Pictures and possibly even videos to follow. I'll need my wife's help with the videos.

I can post the completed track plan for the family room Christmas trains. The empty spaces will soon be occupied by various Christmas accessories and other things I like.
View attachment 177241
The First Sunday of Advent (December 3rd) is only a little more than a week away. I hope to have everything set up by then. If not, I will keep at it the best I can.

Please feel free to post your Christmas trains, trees and more. I love Christmas and I am always happy to see pictures. Your Christmas photos and stories would be most welcome.

God Bless Us Everyone!
I light up one of our outdoor pine trees, it is in the front yard and can be seen from the highway and the bedroom and living room.

I will try to get a picture tonight!

Dave LASM

My wife finished decorating the den's white Christmas tree, which is our fun tree. It is decorated over with 50 years worth of children's favorite ornaments, cute and bright flashy ornaments and 50 of my train theme ornaments.
20231201_131335.jpg

Take a closer look at the small Hallmark train items here and a brass engine behind the plane.
20231201_131415.jpg

The green, more formal tree is up in the living room and the lights are all that are in place so far. Fancy glass balls, bells, candles and angels will decorate this tree.
I am enjoying the trees being shared here. Keep up the good work.

Mikey, that white tree is fantastic! Those ornaments make it so very special and the hat on top is perfect for your fun tree! Thank you for sharing it with us.

KriegslokBR52 We all keep Christmas in our own way. There is no right or wrong way. Your contribution to this thread is as welcome as any, thank you!

Mikey, that white tree is fantastic! Those ornaments make it so very special and the hat on top is perfect for your fun tree! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Louis- We have always enjoyed Christmas and both of my daughters have their trees up and decorated.
My wife is having another back surgery in January, so she is a little slow getting our green "formal" tree decorated to her taste.
I am allowed to assist with the fun tree, but not the green tree. She says I used up all my "good taste" when I selected her as my bride.

Back