Chemical transfer facility

railBuilderDhd

Here I'm attempting to build some sort of chemical or fuel facility that could be found on the side of a track some place. Not doing any scratch building before I’m not sure where I’m going to go with this build but I got all the tubing from the Plastruct sale and I thought I would see what I can come up with without any studying of prototypes. I’m posting here to just get a feel of what others think so I would like to hear your comments.

DSCN7128.png

DSCN7129.png

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave, the workmanship looks great but I have no idea what kind of chemical facility that would be even close to. Hopefully someone with more knowlege of the chemical industry can lend a hand.

Yeah, same thought as Jim, nice, but I have NO clue. The most I've seen is a oil transfer facility, but I didn't look close, and a Titanium Dioxide unloading, for making paint.

Ok who is deleting legitamite posts here. I'll tell you right now if that hapens to me again I will never return here.

Huh? All the posts in this thread are just like they were this morning. What thread exactly are you taking about?

Edit: There was a spammer here this morning and it looks like a mod has already whacked his posts. He hid in among existing posts. It's possible that one of your posts was deleted accidentally when the spammer got deleted.

I posted asking for the pictures to be sized to the forums width. I cant see the pictures effectively while scrolling.

I use phatch a photo batch editor it sizes and compresses multiple photo's all at once. I can do 100's of photos in a run its great.

Yeah, I've created scripts in Photoshop that do some of the same as you are saying but last night I was tired and just wanted to get them posted for some feedback. I know I didn't have any prototype references but I was just messing around and wanted to get some feedback. I've been collection photos from maps.live and will get better next time.
Dave

Dave,

I've been in the fuel business (jet, diesel, gasoline) for 26 years now (22 years Air Force, 4 years as a contractor). Are you going to tie this into a spur off of your track??

Josh,

Retired back in 04 from active duty, now working for the Army as a contractor at Camp McKall/Ft. Bragg.

Jerome,
I was not planning on doing much with this at all. I just wanted to start building a fueling facility for fun so one day I could build a facility for my "FUTURE" layout. I'm very new to modeling and for now I'm just doing builds and painting to learn how things go. This was off-the-cuff but I've taken part of it apart to remodel to be like some photos I hope to find. You don't have any photos do you? Do you have a facility on your layout (or have a layout currently). I’ve not started a layout yet since we plan to move soon and I’m spending all my time just learning techniques so I don’t have a layout started. Things like this are on my mind for being a part of a layout but for now I’ll build a fueling facility for the experience and who knows, I may end up selling it on eBay. Please send me a PM if you have anything that may help in the modeling of this as I need reference.
Thanks,
Dave

Josh,

Yes still in fuels. But as a civilian contractor now. Might as well stick with something I know right?? LOL

Dave, sent you a PM.

Back