Cemr gp9rm

Finally finished up the GP9RM today, and I am really happy with how it turned out. If I do another one, however, I think I will start off with a Kaslo shell, if I can find one with 36" fans. The main delay was getting another set of ditch light LED's, as I ended up cooking the original set.

Here is the ditch light wire routing, as well as a baffle I installed on the roof to keep the number board light from illuminating the cab as well.

preview_p10009090.jpg

Here is a close-up of the number board and front light LED's. I added some non-hardening putty to keep them in place as well as baffle some of the light.

preview_p10009100.jpg

Here is the finished unit with hand rails and fuel tank installed.

preview_p10009120.jpg

preview_p10009140.jpg

preview_p10009150.jpg

Here is a shot with her lit up. The ditch lights are more yellow, not sure why, as they are all supposed to be Sunny White.

preview_p10009170.jpg

The CEMR fleet is now up to 3 pieces!!

preview_p10009340.jpg

preview_p10009370.jpg

preview_p10009310.jpg

Sweet, great job Gary!
Give me a few months and I'll have some track down for you to run on!!!

Hey Rico - I might just take you up on that, seeing as I only have a 3' piece of flex track right now! How are the reno's coming?

Oh we're on something like the 38th coat of mud!:p
Just doing lots of thin layers in the inside corners and there's lots of them.
Like Karl sez tho, like eating an elephant it takes time.
Hey if nothing else I can get you into the club layout and take some pics/videos!

Gary, that is a great job. I always salute real craftsmen and their work. Folks like you are an inspiration.

Thanks for the compliment Bob - now that I am 50 all those detail parts seem to get smaller and smaller. I used to model N scale - wouldn't even consider it now:D

Back