CAT 631 Scraper on Heavy Haul PAINTED !

KevO

Has anybody got a dime ?
Well I have had nice weather here in Sparks, NV and decided to spend some time watching a few good ole war movies on AMC and do alittle arm chair modeling. I have done a few other posts reguarding this project and I will still have one more after this showing how it looks all weathered and used. This is N Scale and have completed all of this project myself. I used a all GHQ products: 359 Peterbilt Tractor with a kitbashed "jeep" converter, 3 axle trailer and the 631 Scraper.

I would have had this done a few days ago but I really screwed up by using CA accelerater when I installed the mirror brackets. I finished painting it and used Model Masters Enamel Chrome Silver paint to detail it out. The M/M paint is great looking stuff indeed but don't let the Accelerater near it ! It melted away all the silver ! I had to wait til everything was dry and start over. Lesson learned and I hope others heed warning !

KevO

IMG_7251.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and of coarse a CAT Excavator (actually it is a GHQ Komatsu painted in CAT colors).

KevO

IMG_7252.jpg

I changed a few things since last weeks post. I have added 1/16" (10"scale inches), brass sheet visor and a texas style bumper.

KevO

Back