Can you belive they locked the trains.com MR forum?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Can you believe they locked the trains.com MR forum?

It's locked over some troll with questionable upbringing posting some trash there! :mad: Man, what a cave in! It could easily have been moderated away and forgotten, no big deal. I just invited the guys there to join us here. I know ya'll will make any trains.commers feel welcome if they come over to hang with us.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
grande man said:
It's locked over some troll with unquestionable upbringing posting some trash there! :mad: Man, what a cave in! It could easily have been moderated away and forgotten, no big deal. I just invited the guys there to join us here. I know ya'll will make any trains.commers feel welcome if they come over to hang with us.
Good to see you over here, Grande Man. I carried my username from trains.com over here when I registered back when. From what I hear, it could be back open some time soon. I brought up the idea of making the "trains.com" forums our temporary home, as it sees very little action.

uspscsx
 

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Glad to see you here!!! Look around, you may just find what you're looking for. There's some great folks to talk with here!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
One thing that puzzles me, and then I'll get off of the subject of "trains.com," but why haven't they e-mailed their registered users? I really would like an explaination from the powers at be.
 

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Welcome to ModelRailroadForums uspscsx, glad to have you aboard and any others who wish to migrate, you're all welcome here where TROLLS will be punished as they should be. Look around, participate and enjoy

Willis
 

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
...

CBCNSfan said:
Welcome to ModelRailroadForums uspscsx, glad to have you aboard and any others who wish to migrate, you're all welcome here where TROLLS will be punished as they should be. Look around, participate and enjoy

Willis
Thanks!

I hate trolling...you won't be seeing any of it from me! :)
 

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
uspscsx said:
One thing that puzzles me, and then I'll get off of the subject of "trains.com," but why haven't they e-mailed their registered users? I really would like an explaination from the powers at be.
I don't know. It's definitely not being handled correctly, IMHO. What ticks me off is that said troll is having the last laugh. :mad:

Oh well, I'm always glad to be here. I post both places but prefer this board's layout. The folks and info here are always top notch. We just need some more members. Maybe some good will come from this after all. :)
 

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
grande man said:
I don't know. It's definitely not being handled correctly, IMHO. What ticks me off is that said troll is having the last laugh. :mad:

Oh well, I'm always glad to be here. I post both places but prefer this board's layout. The folks and info here are always top notch. We just need some more members. Maybe some good will come from this after all. :)
It does seem as if this forum has more topics to choose from, including an eBay topic. Now if only this one had a weathering forum! Of course, the trains.com forums don't either. :cool:
 

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
uspscsx said:
It does seem as if this forum has more topics to choose from, including an eBay topic. Now if only this one had a weathering forum! Of course, the trains.com forums don't either. :cool:
My guess is that if someone asks, it'll be added! Things work a little different around here... ;)
 

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Apparently, there's some problems getting the new members an email confirmation quickly. Hopefully that'll be resolved soon. Welcome aboard anyway guys!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
uspscsx said:
Now if only this one had a weathering forum! Of course, the trains.com forums don't either. :cool:
Hey, Welcome Aboard. Tell all your friends, and let's have a party! :D

It seems to me weathering would be a good topic, but when I look at the main Index page, I can't decide which would be the best category. Any suggestions? In the meantime, a "Search" using the link at the top of the page on "weathering" brings up a bunch of hits.
 

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
Lady_Railfan said:
Hey, Welcome Aboard. Tell all your friends, and let's have a party! :D

It seems to me weathering would be a good topic, but when I look at the main Index page, I can't decide which would be the best category. Any suggestions? In the meantime, a "Search" using the link at the top of the page on "weathering" brings up a bunch of hits.
Can you elaborate further? :confused:
 

CBCNSfan

Registered Member
Staff member
Hi uspscsx, Glad to see you are posting. The placement of discussion groups here is not ironclad and if you start a discussion in the wrong place don't worry about it, if it becomes a problem it can be fixed easily by moving it with your permission. If you want to have a discussion on weathering in general, a good place to start one would be General Discussions, on loco's or rolling stock, well in Locomotives and Rolling Stock located under Layout Design and Operation banner. No matter where you start it it's OK just type it and submit it, I know very little about weathering and would be happy to learn a bit about it. I believe weathering would make a very interesting thread. You start it and I for one will be joining in. We're a friendly group and try to help each other and get along. Look around, join in discussions and enjoy. Hmm don't forget our weekend photo's, photos are always welcome :D

Willis
 

Lady_Railfan

House Mother, Cheerleader
Look toward the top of the screen and click the Search link. Then type "weathering" in the box. You'll see a list of posts that mention weathering. As you see, they're scattered throughout the forum. Any ideas, fellas?
 

uspscsx

The Name's Really Matt...
Wow!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm off to start a weathering forum while trying to keep all the trains.com forumers going and happy.

uspscsx
 
D

dthurman

Guest
Well I made, no worse for wear. Thanks Eric and to all the forum members for taking in us dis-located MR forum members. You can call us MR refugees :rolleyes:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)


ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Top