Can anyone help me identify this????

PlowGuy

So as you can tell by my user name, I am big into collecting and building Snowplows. I always keep my eyes open for unique ones that I havent seen before, creative custom jobs etc, well I ran across this one the other day on an online auction site.

From what I know Walthers never made a Russell Snowplow in the Maine Central paint scheme, (Not sure why as thats one road that really used these things!!) Anyway, I saw this, threw in a bid and won it. It did'nt come with the cover that normally describes the road name etc, but the shrinkwrap looks original. I took a pic with another NOS walthers plow, and the shrink wrap looks the same down to the oval shaped bubbles. Does anyone know if these were custom made by a club or something, and even if so why would it be re-shrinkwrapped??? Its hard to get a good pic, but the "decal" looks like it was painted on like all the other markings you see from the manufacturer. Dosent look like a decal was applied, or a dry rub. Also, where the plastic parts tray was broken, it dosent have any overspray like from the factory. If it was painted afterwards it would have paint spray on the ends I would think.????

Any further help on this would be great, I am dying to put it togethe, but dont want to open it if its some rare one off walthers trial thing or limited run .

Thanks!!!
Steve
DSCN7627.jpg

DSCN7626.jpg

DSCN7625.jpg

DSCN7628.jpg

DSCN7629.jpg

Back