Can anybody identify this 1970's Fleischmann HO set?

camerakid

A couple forum folks emailed me and suggested I move this question from the HO section to here, and I'd probably get more attention. So, okay, I'm not a Fleischmann guy, and therefore I don't have any of their catalogs or other sources. A friend brought me this set the other day, said his dad might have bought it in the early 1970's, but it was never used, and remains essentially new in the box. The issue for me is that the box signage was very faded and worn from years sitting in storage, and I can't find a legible catalog or product number on it anywhere. I recognize the engine as a 1349 (by the old Fleischmann numbering), and I could probably figure out the individual product numbers on the additional cars in the set, but what I'd really like to know is the entire set's correct number. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate hearing from them. Thanks! By the way, I'm very impressed with the detail and build quality of this set....I didn't realize Fleischmann was this good.

Attachments

• FleischmannSeta.jpg
    FleischmannSeta.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 168
  • FleischmannSetb.jpg
    FleischmannSetb.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
  • FleischmannSetc.jpg
    FleischmannSetc.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 156
I don't understand why this would be a "very rare topic on here". Is there something about Fleischmann that makes it a "rare" topic? Or is this forum not friendly to non-USA makers? I am puzzled. Anyway, as recommended, I visited the Reynaulds web site, and joined that forum to make an additional inquiry there. Thanks.

This forum tries to be friendly to everyone. The problem may be that nobody can answer your question. Not many European modelers here.

I am not very familiar with Fleischman at all. The only place I have seen it in person was while traveling in Europe.

May I suggest trying Trainboard.com or the h0scale community forum board. Who knows you might get lucky.

BCK RR

For anybody following this thread, I just got a complete answer from a friendly fellow on the Reynault forum: "This is the set 349 "Helvetia Express" made 1969 - 1970. The engine is 1349 and the cars are 1416, 1418, 1419."

I'm glad you found the information you needed, sometimes for specific information, you need to go to a specific makers Site, especially if the brand is foreign.

Back