Call me crazy but"

GN.2-6-8-0

And if i can find one and afford it .
Wonder what the guys at my club running their SP and ATSF loco's will say if I show with this.
A Australian NSWGR class AD60 4-8-4 + 4-8-4 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn' can't read either your right. Edit button's a wonderful thing ain't it.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that makes an SP cab forward look like a work of art by comparison. If you showed up at the club with that, the guys would ask you why you had two engines put together backwards. :)

Yup, that's a Beyer-Garratt, extensively used in countries that bought their locos from Britain, though they were never common in Britain itself. Their advantages were a lot of tractive effort without a large axle loading, and a huge firebox that didn't need high-quality fuel. There was a brass model out maybe 15 years ago, I think of that Australian type, and that could be a photo of one.

Yup, that's a Beyer-Garratt, extensively used in countries that bought their locos from Britain, though they were never common in Britain itself. Their advantages were a lot of tractive effort without a large axle loading, and a huge firebox that didn't need high-quality fuel. There was a brass model out maybe 15 years ago, I think of that Australian type, and that could be a photo of one.

Yep' a Beyer-Garrett could go where a USRA 2-10-2 would fear to trend.
This picture is is a brass model from Eureka Models in Aus. guess they were made in 2006 , options included QSI sound and factory weathering.
Very interesting piece of H.O equipment,wonder how many were produced?
They list a email address ,may have to as they say ring them up.

I talked to them last May. They said they've sent about 50 of these to the US. They said all I needed to do is tell them what I want, and a CC number.

Shipping is stiff, $45A I think, for air. Said it'd get here in about 10 days.....

I want to do the CC thing and let them do the exchange. Today, the spot rate is .8734. So, the $800A is about $700US. What a deal!

:D

Kennedy

Back