Cafe-Gas Station made from Train Staion

Great modeling. I like the traffic jam in "West Bum Fork", gives me a chuckle. Nice to know small towns get traffic jams too. I will admit to being a little curious about all the 50's era cars, I thought you said you were modeling the 70s. Still, in some areas, I guess that wouldn't be uncommon.

I model pre 1970. There is a shortage of HO cars from the 1960's to use but in small town America people tend to keep their cars longer so thats why the cars from the 1950's. Missouri Hiway 47 is a north/south road that runs across many major US hiways (US 61, US 40-I 70, US 50, US 66- I 44, US 67,) & is used to get to these major hiways so the trafic can get heavy at times when it has to slow down as it goes through a town. Thank you for looking, Tom

Thanks for the info. I checked them out, they were in Mexico & pricey. I have those same cars in a kit that I have not put together. They are all Chrysler makes. Tom

Hi Tomkat !

Very neat idea and very fine detail-scale modeling showing how it started and up to its finished fully detailed end-result situated on your layout. I like your various micro-details added to and surrounding this structure. Excellent scratchbuilding work !

Joe F

Last edited by a moderator:
hawkp.jpg

Back