Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

I will be modeling a portion of the D.M.Z. in Korea, I did patrols where the tracks YOUSTA go north through there. Have not seen THAT modeled anywhere else except IN Korea, at a museum!

I don't have the proper rolling stock or Loco's but WHO CARES about THAT! The towers and stuff will look SWEET!( little MINEFEILD signs!) LOL!

ianc, I'm no computer wiz for sure so I can say I don't know why you can't see photos here. The're hundreds possibly. I'm assuming you went back to earlier pages? Do you see photos in other threads? If not then I would contact the folks that run this site. I believe Bob is the man to talk to. I think you can track him down on the Home Page.

Brentwood Bay, Been there anchoring many times. Took the ferry a couple of time as well. Jim:)

Last edited by a moderator:
ianc, I'm no computer wiz for sure so I can say I don't know why you can't see photos here. There hundreds possibly. I'm assuming you went back to earlier pages? Do you see photos in other threads? If not then I would contact the folks that run this site. I believe Bob is the man to talk to. I think you can track him down on the Home Page.

Brentwood Bay, Been there anchoring many times. Took the ferry a couple of time as well. Jim:)

I have no problem with other sites, and I've gone back to the beginning with this one, and no luck. If you ever get back here, let me know. I live on the point just west of the ferry dock. Here's a link to a view you might recognize.
http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?34159-The-Saanich-Peninsula

ianc, I meant other photos in others threads here on ModelRailroadForums.com. Hit the rectangle steamer photo in the upper left and that will take you to the Home Page. Don't give up yet. What operating system do you use? Jim:)

ianc, I meant other photos in others threads here on ModelRailroadForums.com. Hit the rectangle steamer photo in the upper left and that will take you to the Home Page. Don't give up yet. What operating system do you use? Jim:)

Sorry - brain freeze. I should have said, "I have no problems with other threads on this forum." I use Windows 7.

I like WS risers for my track. When you use flex track you have some 'fudge' room to adjust it so it all fits. Notice I've added a 2% grade to may track on this side of the layout. This will work to make the layout visually better than all one track level. Also I've made a cut for a small creek.

IMG_8151_zpsuug7fsog.jpg

WS also makes Inclines. Here I've made the bottom of the creek on 2% grade incline. Water does run down hill after all! Check some layouts out and see how many times rivers and streams are flat. Never could quite figure that out.

IMG_8152_zpsfq9e0flc.jpg

Jim:)

Now I'm starting to get somewhere. The risers are almost down, but you can get a general idea of this stage of development. I also added a layout of plaster cloth to the risers and the river bed. Jim:)

IMG_8153_zps1kxcaiw8.jpg

Yes, he did. I'm seeing photos just fine. Anyone else seeing this issue? (not seeing photos?)

ianc, what browser are you using? Using a computer or mobile device? Are you using the web or browsing via Tapatalk?

Yes, he did. I'm seeing photos just fine. Anyone else seeing this issue? (not seeing photos?)

ianc, what browser are you using? Using a computer or mobile device? Are you using the web or browsing via Tapatalk?

I see them fine and Great work so far Jim, I can already see the terrain !!

Mike

Generally this next step is pretty straight forward and can be accomplished with a lot rolled up newspapers or risers and a piece of flat foam for making our layout area flat so buildings can be placed. I'm doing this at my wife's request, namely, if this is the last layout why can't you use some of the wood between the sheds? Good question. So once again I'm making a slight departure from normal layout technics. Below you can see some cardboard. I'm making a template for the plywood insert.

IMG_8154_zpskpbjyut1.jpg

Outside now, I take the template out to a reasonably sized piece of plywood and trace. Thinner plywood makes for less weight.

IMG_8155_zps7bemicvh.jpg

Then I cut out the plywood.
IMG_8156_zpstmsd1jf6.jpg

Jim:)

I guess this is my fault. I use Opera, but I don't like the current version, as the bookmarks feature is very unfriendly, so I've been using an older version. When I booted the latest version, all the photos were there. I guess I'll use that version when I want to look at this board. Thanks for the suggestions.

Back