Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

Toot, Shuksan is about 50 degrees slope. Check out this link and see a climb I did in the French Alps. This climbed has a lot of 70 degrees and it is 1000 meters high. 3000 feet. Jim :)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...1sUcj6EqbHiwKW94DwAg&ved=0CD8Q9QEwBA&dur=3743

Here's a photo of the Petit Dru North Face in Chamonix, France. It took 3 days. Route is on the ridge to the right of the snow patch. Very difficult. (not my photo)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to work.

Here's the photo of the new car. I used a spray of highly diluted black acrylic to help take the shine off. Then I used chalks. I like chalks 'cause the are correctable. Jim:)

IMG_5271.JPG

I really like what you did with the weathering, that should fit right in with your other cars. Any idea what brand the gondola was original? - Chris

Chris, I studied the car very closely and could find no name. I did find that the car above the deck (all the red painted part) is wood! I did find it has those cool OLD trucks that flex a bit. I changed them out because they were worn out. Conclusion: I think this car may have be a rebuild of some sort. The roofwalk however, belies this because it is definately a stock one piece shorty. So your guess is as good as mine. I really like this car and am happy I found it.

Weathering is fairly light because there wouldn't be much dust because of the rainy climate. Jim:)

Here is another example of telephoto layout photography. Total depth from front tree limb to that back rock cliff is eight feet. Jim:)

Headlight in the distance.jpg

Attachments

• telephoto.jpg
    telephoto.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 150
I must confess Jim, I can't find your focal point. I can't tell if you are focusing on the front branch or the middle scene or the back wall. You must have an excellent telephoto lens and your photo subject matter composition is excellent. - Chris

Since a click on the picture takes one to Photobucket where the title of the shot is "Headlight in the Distance," I'm going to guess that the headlight on the steamer near the rear of the shot is the focal point. :)

What I was trying to say is that the whole scene from front to back shows exceptional clarity. It's all in focus. It was suppose to be a compliment. - Chris

Chris, No worries I know you were complimenting the photo. The thing is that, as mentioned in the body of this thread, the reason for 'all in focus' is because I use a photo stacking program call Helicon Focus. I don't work for them but the results in this photo for sure make it a must for folks really interested in photography. I was just trying to get someone to remember it. Jim:)

Is this where you take several shots at varying focal points and combine them into one to give depth of field?

I notice too that Photobuckets recent "improvements" to their site doesn't seem to have fazed you at all.

Toot, Correct. I'm not too enthused about the 'improvements' to tell the truth. I've learned you can reset to the older version. By the time I found that out I'd figured out the new! It's all good now. I don't remember what it was like before so no problem. Jim

Sitting at my workbench I noticed some good natural light coming in the window so I grabbed my camera. I especially like the scenery behind and in front of the steamer. Enjoy. Jim

44 on the curve.jpg

Cloudy today. Good photo ops with the skylight and desk lamp. Took this one and named it Reject! Tree falling down and headlight issues. Next time. Jim

Can't find the photo. Don't why the photo below got attached.

Attachments

• reject.jpg
    reject.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 156

Back