Building the Achierton[Ack-her-ton] Southern

Alright. Well, here's an update:

1: I have started construction on my quarry industry, the actual quarry itself is already roughed out, and I have started working on getting the powder magazine and cap magazine built. The quarry office building is already built and is ready to be applied as soon as I get the next structure for it, as I intend to attach it to the side of the crusher/loader. I've been looking at the April 2010 issue of RMC to get ideas on downsizing their coal loader so that it might fit the profile of the crusher and loader in one building.

2. I've been busy getting decals, detail parts, paints, and tools together so that I can finish up ASRR #1201, a Plymouth DDT industrial diesel that is going to go into my loco shops building. ASRR #1215 is almost ready, requiring only a couple more detail parts, some minor repairs, and it's lettering and numbering done up. ASRR #1305 is nowhere near ready yet, but it will be the railroad's only slug and will be done in my special slug paint scheme. #1215 is an Atlas GP40 and #1305 is also an Atlas GP40.

3. The hopper cars for loading my limestone into are nowhere near ready, requiring a new paint job, new trucks, and new couplers. I may simply sell them and buy new cars more suited to the era, locale, and load.

4. I have also began working on getting together some parts to scratchbuild a superdetailed 3-car work train for the layout, as well as some MOW equipment.

5. I have also gotten most of the detail parts that I will need to begin working on a model of Norfolk Southern #999, a GP35 based locomotive operating off of battery power only.

I'll try and keep this as updated as possible. I'm also going to finally put up that "in-a-nutshell" thread shortly.

Back