Building my first toy train 15 foot long engine

No it won't run , it is just a static model close to 1/4 scale. I always wanted to build a Diesel Locomotive Model. I just enjoy doing metal art projects , this is more like metal art to me but thought train lovers might still enjoy seeing it. www.doncampbellmodels.com

This is quite spectacular Don, excellent work! Reminds me of a house I'd make a point of passing on my way to town because he had an F-unit of about the same scale out in front of his porch. I think it was just a shell as he used it as a planter in the warmer months, but it was an eye catcher none the less. Yours is shaping up to be monumentally better.

What do you do with these when completed? If it were me, I'd have to build a 1/4 scale round house in my back yard :)

Hi Don, :)

That's a real clever idea to try to get more traffic to your website by reposting the same home link instead of posting the pictures here. ;)

Greg

Greg, posting the link just brings interested people to my sight and doesn't use space on the thread with large pictures and also is much quicker to keep the progress posted. I figure the weight will be about 1000 to 1200 lbs, when finished. Going to have to beef up the shelf in the house before we put it up there, ha,ha.

Thanks Chris, I am very lucky to have a hobby I love . Out of all the models I have built over the years, my daughter , wife and I love this train the best. I would not have guessed a train would be so enjoyable to build. Now I wished i had built it just a little larger for me to fit inside it and run make it work at the area 1/4 scale railroad in Bridgeport, Michigan called Junction Valley Railroad. Tonights progress picture shows me holding the roof fan assemblies under construction. www.doncampbellmodels.com

Back