Broadway Limited Paragon 3 F7a

Denis78

Hello, recently got one of these (NP Mainstreet). When I briefly tested it on DC, there was a Small red light on the front, above the marker boards (one side only) Lit up. I didn’t think too much about it as I know DCC Sound loco on DC do lots of random things.
However, when I tried it with Bachmann DCC control, and I’m aware that these are very basic compared to the functions listed on the locomotive, when you switch the headlights on (10) - the red light comes on automatically (whether you want it to or not) but just on one side. I am thinking that these red light(s) in real life are for an engine operating in reverse, So why is this automatically illuminating in either direction? Have a got a fault or just a crap DCC control?
I have a beautiful Athearn Genesis F7a with sound in G.N. Big Sky Blue which is absolutely perfect in every way, but this BLI locomotive seems a little too advanced for it’s own good - but the sounds are awesome, I will admit to that

Last edited:
The red light indicates an emergency stop and would rarely be seen active. It should also strobe. There are a couple of possibilities:
1: The bulb is wired to the wrong place on the decoder.
2: It needs a visit to the program track.

I'd pull the shell and take a look at where it's connected first. If it's got its own function tab, program it accordingly.

Back