Broadway Limited Imports Mikado Tender harness Pin out?

lmackattack

old school
I did some research online and I see several people comment on the pin out of the Loco

when looking at the rear of the loco you will see 6 pins (working Left to Right)
L Rail-Motor-Light-Light-Motor-R rail
I took the boiler off the frame and this is correct

However when I look at the harness that comes out of the Tender you will find 7 wires.

Im wondering why this is and more importantly I need to know because im installing a aftermarket TCS Wow sound decoder and dont want to smoke it.

any help is thankful
20150630_201907.jpg
20150630_201939.jpg

Trent

BLI says wire 7 is for the smoke unit, which the Mike doesn't have. Mine is back at BLI for repairs, so I can't confirm this.

Hello and thank you for the responce.

What I dont understand is that the loco has 6 pins but the harness has 7 holes. it looks like the center hole of the harness. The 7th hole is either not used or its jumping power from another pin?

EDIT!!!

After a phone call to BLI I think I found the mix up. Per the service reps helpful discussion She was able to let me know that the tender wire harness was diffrent between some of the early models.

I have 2 Mikados one is a blueline the other is a powerhouse.

although everything looks the same one has a 6 wire harness the other is 7 wire. I suspect I had the tenders mismatched? I also think the 7th wire is for the chuff reed switch in one of the locos?

that being said the pin out is still the same between each model but the center wire on the 7 pin harness is for the chuff.

Hope this may help others.

Trent Blasco

Last edited by a moderator:

Back