Broadway Limited H10s 2-8-0

Ericsauto

Okay after a year waiting I finally received this Locomotive. I saw a video where they had bricks on about 4 or 5 cars and this little engine would pull them. I was skeptical but I really wanted to try this. With my Central Midland layout and it's steep grades I thought this could be a good engine. The engine is beautiful and I took it out of the box and was ready to try it. I have been away from my train layout for the past year due to business and my daughter getting married. I am excited to get back to it this year. This engine could get me excited again.

All I can say is WOW! . I decided to run it by itself for a bit before putting it to the test . Normally if I want to pull 10 + cars I would have to do it with 2 engines. I put 11 heavy freight behind it and tried it out. It does what they say. This little guy had no problems on the grades, in fact it did better than my MTH Ace70 did and I have Bullfrog Snot on the MTH to make it handle the grade without another engine. It handle it at any speed and did not slip until I put 15 cars on it. I am very impressed and I will order another one next week.

Thanks Broadway for bringing out something like this and getting me excited again to get back to work on my layout. I hope to update some pictures of the layout this winter.

IMG_2117.jpgIMG_2120.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2118.jpg
    IMG_2118.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2119.jpg
    IMG_2119.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 135
Happy for you. I am not sure what to think about the traction tires that BLI has wholesale resorted to in order to get the wow factor back into their locomotives. Certainly, they are a lot cheaper than using tungsten steel for their engine frames. I do know that historically the traction tires don't stand up for long. It's not that they wear out so much as they get brittle and sag and end up wrapped around the works, like so many synthetics we see today. At least, that is my fear from reading so many threads dissing traction tires.

If traction tires are going to be hard to find and to replace (and I believe there are suppliers if BLI can't send them on to us), then filling the channels with Bull Frog Snot might be the fix. I am happy with my limited experiments with BFS to date. It's a pretty darned good product, although it takes some practice to apply well.

I agree. I worry about that too but for now it is good. They give you a few sets of them in the box. BFS is good but you have to practice at it. Not as easy as they present it but yet a great product.

Back