BNSF 1360 + others

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Well I've been away from WPF for a few weekends, but here's my own update.

I finally got the antenna for #2460, and there's airlines on her too. As for #7890, I got the body built, and prime'd although now I see I missed sanding a bit, oh well. WCL #7524 is also sitting here, waiting on a winterization hatch, and paint/decals, and the chassis of coarse...

BNSF #1360, GP7u, built May or 1952, rebuilt by ATSF in November of 1980, still trucking on today for BNSF. I picked this particular GP7u because of where the BNSF stencil was placed, on the sides of the low nose. Generaly the BNSF stencil ended up on the cabinet doors under the cab. I picked up this project for $21.49 on eBay about a year ago, while I was deployed in Iraq. I've since done a considerable amount of work, and have more to go yet. Of note, shorten the fuel tank, to allow for 2 chassis mounted air tanks, added the fuel fillers, notched the nose to allow for the headlight (still need to mill the chassis for the bulbs and wiring), cut out the stock doors on the cab, I'll replace them with Cannon ones soon, and lastly, the silver trucks, have one coat of primer, and 2 coats of silver, I like the primer sort of showing through, it adds a beat apperance, just like the green trucks on #2460.

Pics of #1360 attached:

Lookin good, Josh. You're loco projects have inspired me to do a little detailing myself but I still apprieciate the talent it takes to build up locos like you do.

The best one will be a Prepainted SD40-2 with DCC that I bought on eBay, needs a new cab, the lighting melted it! Time for a Cannon cab & nose...

WOHO, I figured it out, sort of. The GP came with these built in notches in the pilots, that needed filling, and I wanted some sort of "add on plate" like seen on the real pilots that are w/o a plow. Today I discovered this magical part, thats the PERFECT width, and I have a few... Its the add on lip, that normaly goes on top of the clean air box of an SD40/SD40-2 when show sheilds were added. Well the units I'm modeling with the snow sheilds don't have this lip, and today that lip got donated to the pilot of the GP7! Pics next weekend, after primer...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back