Big Boy - DONE DEAL

Awesome! Now I'm wondering, where are they going to run this? I thought I heard that it was too heavy to run on most rail? I would love to see this in action! UP is doing future generations a favor by saving its steam heritage. :)

helllll yea :cool::cool:

yep wow i will be there to see it steam !!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love union pacific

man the 611 & big boy coming back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Interesting. I'm going to hold my cheering until I know that this did not cost us the 3985. At one time that was the rumor, trade the 3985 to the museum for the 4014. I really hope we end up with three working steamers, not just two.

I know it should be able to run at least from Cheyenne to Omaha (assuming there is some place it can be turned in Omaha), Maybe its old stomping ground from Cheyenne to Rawlins. But I understood that some of the new curves west of Rawlins are now too tight, so it can't get to Ogden. I'm pretty certain it could get to Denver but once again I don't think the 29th street wye is big enough to turn the thing. Maybe the Union Station wye when they get it done....

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I'm going to hold my cheering until I know that this did not cost us the 3985. At one time that was the rumor, trade the 3985 to the museum for the 4014. I really hope we end up with three working steamers, not just two.

iron , i get what your talking about, i would feel better if the challenger was running now , then i know it wouldnt be going anywhere, but so far i have only heard of diesel & some coachs going to the museum, hope it stays that way

Back