Between NYC's Dreyfuss Hudson and Empire State Express, which look do you prefer?

Improvable

One is an all gray model with a blue streak across the tender emphasizing the front with the line that goes down the nose. The other is a black and silver stainless steel engine that emphasizes the horizontal with its paint scheme, and a silhouette that almost resembles the N&W J. At the time people claimed the newer Empire State Express design was an aesthetic improvement over the 20th Century Limited Dreyfuss Hudson, but if one in the 21st century were to get one for display and limited O scale operation, which would you prefer? Assuming you had to pick one over the other.

Attachments

• NY-16Hours-Chi.jpg
    NY-16Hours-Chi.jpg
    941.6 KB · Views: 46
  • EmpireState.jpg
    EmpireState.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 43
One is an all gray model with a blue streak across the tender emphasizing the front with the line that goes down the nose. The other is a black and silver stainless steel engine that emphasizes the horizontal with its paint scheme, and a silhouette that almost resembles the N&W J. At the time people claimed the newer Empire State Express design was an aesthetic improvement over the 20th Century Limited Dreyfuss Hudson, but if one in the 21st century were to get one for display and limited O scale operation, which would you prefer? Assuming you had to pick one over the other.
That is a really tough choice. I think I would go with the Empire State Express just because it is more unique. Two vs Eleven. And I might change my mind if I saw them in real life.

Back