BEST Christmas present EVER!!!!

Burlington Bob

Not model railroad related but still GREAT! My wife and I went to our son and daughter-in-law's house for our family Christmas get together today with our daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters. Well, our first present was a really nice frame for three photos. From where I was I could see pictures of our two granddaughters on each side with something in the middle. My wife started screaming very excitedly as I got closer to see what all the commotion was about.

I got just about as excited as she was when I got to see what was in the middle. It was an ultrasound picture of our newest grandchild! It will be our third grandchild and their first child. After 10 years we had just about given up and resigned ourselves to the fact that we were only going to have a grandpuppy from them.:) (A very beautiful Australian Shepherd, I might add!) It will seem like a long time til June but, as they say, good things come to those who wait!

"BEST Christmas present EVER!!!!" I agree 100%!!!

Congratulations again, I know I already said that n the coffee shop, but it can't be said too many times!

By D&J Railroad;

Ya mean they're giving their first born to you?

Only to babysit........then they'll get the little bundle of joy back when we're done!

Yes, it was a GREAT surprise! The funny thing is, my wife and I were just talking on the way to Peoria for our get together about getting rid of some of the baby stuff because it didn't look like we were going to need it! Guess we were wrong about that!

My wife and I are lucky, sort of. Our oldest and his girlfriend are having their first baby and our first granddaughter in February. They, however, live in Alaska so we wont have to deal with 'baby sitting duties'. That being said, we also wont get too many opportunities of seeing our granddaughter in person either :(

Back