Basic, cheap, Pennsy.

L

lakesideboy

I am looking for a cheap (maybe around 30), reliable Pennsy w/knuckle for my son. I want it so that if he accidently breaks it im not out 80-120 bucks but where in a few years it coud have a decoder installed. I checked ebay and didn' see much. Any suggestions (even though I know there probably isnt anything worth buying at this price, but thought it was worth a shot):)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you do a Pennsy search and save it . They will email almost daily when some go up for auction. I know there is a dealer on ebay that has model Power Pennsy F units on sale for $19.00 all the time. Good price for a cheap engine that you don't have to worry about him breaking !

Bachman is good qaulity for the dollar but that one is an old model and the price it sold for is not wortht it !

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a Bachmann Spectrum Ge 44 ton switcher brand new for 42 including shiping and got that. Thanks for your help.

Glad you found something . But that switcher is really small for a young child. I think a F unit would be easier for him to handle. Not as many parts on it.

Back