Barbed wire

I have made it by taking fishing line and tieing knots in it. Cut the knots so a little sticks out for the barbs. Then you can spray paint black and weather it as you would like. If it is new just paint over it silver. For older barb wire Spray paint black and add some rust coloring to it. This might be a little bigger than scale but for the most part shouldn't be to bad or at least most people that have seen mine don't notice it.

Try the line that Berkshire Junction sells for telephone and electric pole wiring. Very flexible and should be close to scale.

They are on-line.

Thanks.

Greg

If your post is correct and all you need is 2" of the wire, send me your address and I send a length of the Berkshire Junction pole wiring.

Greg

Attached are 3 pix of barbed wire fences. The 1st 2 show a new fence being installed. Last one is of an old rusted fence. The point of showing these pix is to show the actual size of barbed wire fences and whether they can even be seen in HO scale at normal arms length viewing distance. The wire used is about 1/16" or 0.0007" in HO scale.

I've made some very realistic looking barbed wire by using some nylon window screen - the kind you use on your home windows. Use a pair of scissors and cut a single strand from the screen leaving the little nubbins where the other lines cross. Miles of barbed wire for next to nothing !

Mark.

Back