Badger Modelflex Paint??

crowe-t

Hi, I'm considering trying Badger Modelflex paint.

Are these any good? How well do they spray?

What type of thinner is used?

Are these anything like Tamiya(alcohol based) acrylic paint or more like Polly Scale acrylics?

Chris,

Thanks for the reply.

BTW, what clear coat do you use over Badger Modelflex paint?

Is Testors Acryl clear OK to use?

If anyone else has used these paints please post you thoughts.

Thanks,

Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know how the Badger Modelflex colors compare to Polly Scale's railroad colors?

Are they the same?

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're asking if the two paints can be mixed together, my "assumption" is that they cannot.
If you're asking if ModelFlex SkyBluePink is the same colour as Polly Scale SkyBluePink, then I have no idea. The only ModelFlex I used was CN Green #11, back before the CN SIG got it made by ScaleCoat, and Mineral Red.
Sorry, I have limited experience with the stuff.

I was asking if the colors looked the same as the Polly Scale colors.

I'm looking at the ModelFlex paints since they are acrylics. I can't spray enamels in the apartment.

I've used Badger paints on two occasions - as the poster stated above, they ship at the proper viscosity for airbrushing, so do not thin them. Secondly, since they are acrylic, I technically don't know why you couldn't mix them with other acrylics but - I'm not sure why you would want to do that. My personal experience with these paints is that the Badger paints were a closer match to the road colors I was spraying than the other brands out there. But, I do find them harder to find. Of course that will change now with the discontinuation of Testors line of paints.

I don't want to mix the Badger acrylics with other paints. I'm just looking for an acrylic paint alternative since Testors discontinued the Polly Scale paints.

I am hoping Testors at least brings over the Polly Scale and Floquil railroad colors to the enamel and acrylic paint lines.

Someone me tinned another online source for the model flex paints, their prices are pretty low but their minimum shipping seems to be like $13!

I have a whole bunch of colors I need so I'm going to order enough to make the shipping more bearable...

They seem to be the only one with John Deere green and yellow and I just got two kits that have four tractors each that are bare metal.

It would help if I put their address...www.modelflexpaints.com

Another place that is a bit higher but I believe their shipping is less is www.webairbrushes.com

Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:

Back