Bachmann Wireless E-Z Command Dynamis DCC Controller

Yassa

Hi there,

Im fairly new to the hobby & thinking of going DCC. I like the Bachmann Wireless E-Z Command Dynamis DCC Controller, has anyone used this system & what advice if any on the system please ?
Or is there better systems on the market (I would like to keep things as simple as poss)
I have about 20m of track which runs below the rafters in my garage / Bar. Had it up & running for a few months now but unfortunately I haven't set the track properly & will be taking it all down soon to reset & put back, hence wanting to switch to DDC at the time of repairing the existing track,

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Yassa
NZ

The Dynamis has some nice features but it's also missing some key features. It does not read back CV's from the programming track and you can only set 4 digit addresses on the main track. The IR transmit/receive range is quite limited and easily blocked. Most other systems have goe to radio to obviate this problem. The Dynamis is also the most expensive started set you can buy. I'd recomend either Digitrax or NCE as better options. Stay away from MRC - too many problems to list.

Thanks Jim,
I will bear that in mind. I have a lot to learn about DCC etc... so any advice / ideas is much appreciated, Cheers,
Graeme
NZ
HO Scale novice

Even though the Dynamis list price is over $300(way more than a Zephyr or Power Cab), it's street price is usually around $150, which is comparable to a Zephyr or Power Cab, BUT, and this is my biggest problem with the Dynamis, to add any more controllers other than the one it comes with you have to upgrade to the Dynamis Pro, which adds another $200+ dollars, and that doesn't even include another handheld controller.

Back