Bachmann steam locomotive parts needed

I have a Bachmann Niagara that is suffering from a cracked gear. Anybody know where I can find that driver set? I have the second generation with the can motor, not the pancake motor.

I really like the locomotive and I dont want to write it off... it would run great were it not for the cracked driver gear.

Bachmann sells a new chassis but it is $75.00. Listed under their parts section. Cheaper to get a complete Engine (Bachmann plus) from ebay. This topic often comes up but no one, so far, is making the gears.

Bob

I have already considered that, but that is cost prohibitive. That is about 1.5 times what I spent for the loco in the first place. Also, I prefer the older style mechanism, they seem to pull better.

If all else fails I will pay Bachmann $15 for a different locomotive, but I have already put some effort into this one (front coupler, DCC), and would rather repair it.

Call Bachmann and talk to their service dept. They may be able to just send you the part needed.

Another thing is to measure the gear and count the teeth. NWSL may have a suitable gear available.

I have the exact same issue with a 4-8-4 Hudson. I called Bachmann and they informed me that they don't stock parts for the old ones any longer. They did offer to swap it for a brand-new DCC loco for $40.00. While I'm not using DCC, I'm considering it.

Well, if they offer to swap it, that would save me a decoder... I'd hate to have to buy the stupid thing again though. That's almost what I spent for the first one.

Back