Bachmann spectrum HO Conrail #6087 doesn't move

BigLuo

Hi, all modelers, I was confused that why Bachmann spectrum HO Conrail #6087 doesn't move on Trix track, on the contrary, MTH HO Big Boy and BLI centipede can run favoringly. Appreciate anyone's help!

Does the Conrail unit run on other track, say atlas?
I'm assuming all are DC powered. Can you run it with test leads?

If the rails are the only sources of power, whether intended or in reality, and the rails are tested as having the right power to each of them, then an HO scale engine on HO track should work. Otherwise, you have continuity problems or problems with the engine. Engine problems can be broken solders to the motor, dirty wipers, broken and jammed gears in the drive mechanism.

Is this DCC or straight DC?

-Crandell

Crandell, the loco is DCC on board and my MRC controller is DCC as well. By the way, I just bought this loco last week.

Are you selecting the correct loco? Try Address 03, Last two digits of the unit number, and the entire unit number. one of them should work.

Mark, I did it many times, MTH&BLI worked normally, except Bachmann spectrum loco. I'm really sure i chose the right loco and operated it refer to controller manual.

Finally!!! I found the problem and solved it! I have to increase the power of output from controller, if there was low output, just heard motor sound (it means increase speed).
Whereas, MTH&BLI can run on track with low speed, I don't know what's reason result in this problem, probably, gears too tight?

Could be it just needs breaking in, along with a clean out of the old grease in the trucks and gear boxes. Some of this may have almost solidified while sitting on the shelf.

But I suspect its the decoder. The decoders that Bachmann uses, if the loco isn't sound equipped, is a really cheap decoder. They are barely functional and have a bare minimal number of CV's that can be adjusted. If the loco doesn't improve with a good break in and relube, then the best bet is to replace the decoder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back