Bachmann Locomotive Screw Thread Pitches...?

EightyMac

Hi. I am working on making entirely new 3D printed body shells for a Bachmann HO Scale steam locomotive. I intend to attach the bodies to the old chassis, and I will have to tap the holes for the screws after the shells are printed. However, I don't know the thread pitch of the various body screws. If anyone could help me so I can buy the appropriate taps.

The screws in question, according to Bachmann's parts department, are:

Thanks in advance for the help!

Good Morning and Welcome.

Hmmm, If the chassis only has holes for screws and not threaded, why worry about the pitch? I would think that as long as the screw goes through the thing you could use what you have on hand. If fact, you may decided to use a slightly bigger screw for a tad more holding power? That being said, does not Bachmann have a parts list for the loco?

Later

Good Morning and Welcome.

Hmmm, If the chassis only has holes for screws and not threaded, why worry about the pitch? I would think that as long as the screw goes through the thing you could use what you have on hand. If fact, you may decided to use a slightly bigger screw for a tad more holding power? That being said, does not Bachmann have a parts list for the loco?

Later
Well, here's the thing: Sometimes it's the chassis or tender frame that's threaded, other times it's the body shell that's threaded.

In any case, Bachmann's parts list only lists the screws' part ID numbers--it doesn't specify their thread pitch, and I can't tell by looking at the screws themselves what their pitch is. So any help would be appreciated.

Back