Bachmann B&M GP7

jwb

I like the Bachmann GP7s --= they actually have slightly better detail than the GP9s. I like the B&M blue version, since it is in the 1960s color scheme that was current when I was in B&M territory. However, most of the B&M GP7s had hood extensions for passenger train lighting generators, a detail part which is available as Custom Finishing 247-213. Here is my Bachmann with the hood extension:

BM_1575.jpg

BM_1575_2.jpg

My understanding is that this part was designed for the P2K GP7, and it isn't a 100% perfect fit on the Bachmann. In addition, I painted it with Tru Color B&M blue, which isn't a perfect match with the Bachmann blue. However, a dirty black wash on the hoods will probably help this.

John, it looks fine to me. With some weathering the colors will look more blended. If you do not want to repaint or anything you could use washes as filters in order to bring colors together.

Congratulations on the purchase. How do you like the running qualities on this? I got a GP9 (dcc only) and i am highly interested in getting the GP7 as well (DCC with sound).

Back