B&O geep

AstroKnight187

Is there a geep that was used by Chessie B&O since the 70s all the way to the inception of CSX? If there isn’t anything in the Chessie scheme, standard blue will do.

if so, is there a HO scale model of it? I’m looking for something that was used in locals, switching, and main-line use (Basically for everything)

might be a lot to ask for, but if anyone knows of anything, I’m all ears.

Chessie(B&O)-4227-GP40-2  at Lorain,OH  11-25-1986.jpg

Pic is from 1986.....

Is there a geep that was used by Chessie B&O since the 70s all the way to the inception of CSX? If there isn’t anything in the Chessie scheme, standard blue will do.

if so, is there a HO scale model of it? I’m looking for something that was used in locals, switching, and main-line use (Basically for everything)

Chessie and B&O are different things. B&O was a marriage with C&O, as a result of which Chessie System was born. The Western Maryland was also included and i don't remember the specific dates, but that's the basic history. The B&O marks that you see on some Chessie diesels were reporting marks and also suggested that the particular diesel came from Baltimore & Ohio. If you're very particular about the look of a diesel in specific time period, then a good study of pictures is helpfull. To my knowledge all diesels of the former B&O were repainted into Chessie System scheme by the time CSX was formed, so probably no blue with stripes survived (but there could be a Shenanigan or two somewhere on barely used branch).

Chessie and B&O are different things. B&O was a marriage with C&O, as a result of which Chessie System was born. The Western Maryland was also included and i don't remember the specific dates, but that's the basic history. The B&O marks that you see on some Chessie diesels were reporting marks and also suggested that the particular diesel came from Baltimore & Ohio. If you're very particular about the look of a diesel in specific time period, then a good study of pictures is helpfull. To my knowledge all diesels of the former B&O were repainted into Chessie System scheme by the time CSX was formed, so probably no blue with stripes survived (but there could be a Shenanigan or two somewhere on barely used branch).
CSX GP30:

Back