Aussie help needed with DCC

rwhite

I have started building my layout and have decided on NCE for my DCC system. I have also planned to move to Australia from Canada next year.
( Shelf Layout is going with us ) :)
I know there is a power difference from Canada to Australia and when I'm down under, we take our converter plug to adapt my camera charger etc.
So, question is, will a DCC system work on a plug adapter down under? or should I wait till I move to purchase a new system.

I have started building my layout and have decided on NCE for my DCC system. I have also planned to move to Australia from Canada next year.
( Shelf Layout is going with us ) :)
I know there is a power difference from Canada to Australia and when I'm down under, we take our converter plug to adapt my camera charger etc.
So, question is, will a DCC system work on a plug adapter down under? or should I wait till I move to purchase a new system.

Good choice on the NCE system. I have one and I love it.

I believe you would have to get a new power supply for it. I wouldn't use the adapters on something expensive electronics.

There is a difference off power, we use 60Hz and 125v AC, and a different plug form factor.
you will only need to change the DCC power adaptor, so that aint much. I can't say for your other appliance... you will likely need to use some converters ( type I to NEMA 5–15) plug

In wich province are you moving to ?

So, I could buy a system up here in Canada and enjoy it while we are still here. Then buy a new power piece when I move down there? That would be nice. What about low voltage for lights in buildings on my layout?
We are moving to Queensland . Tired of the winters and a retirement package is looking good. In-laws live there so we will have family to enjoy.
Won't be taking any appliances with us. Easier to buy new when down there. Besides I don't think 50 inch flat screens travel well..lol

if you used a power supply that output 12V DC you can just buy a new one here
Queenland in alberta or nova scotia ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back