ATSF Caboose

BN8002

Did someone say B-unit?
This is a HO Key Imports brass #2201 Class Flat Side caboose that I painted for my dad for his birthday. I added a details west antenna to the roof and used plastic slide covers for window glazing. I used tru-color paint for the car body, and floquil for the trucks, under frame, wheels, handrails and couplers. I topped it off with microscale decals.

image_8.png
image_6.png
image_5.png
image_7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin
Santa Fe 2201-2300 class waycars had Duryea underframes & ASF Ride Control trucks. See pages 36-38 in "Santa Fe Waycars" by Stephen M. Priest. Looks like your model doesn't have that underframe so it may be a 2001-2200 class. shouldn't be too hard to change a number or two. But otherwise you did a good job on this waycar. Wish mine would come out that good!

Kevin
Santa Fe 2201-2300 class waycars had Duryea underframes & ASF Ride Control trucks. See pages 36-38 in "Santa Fe Waycars" by Stephen M. Priest. Looks like your model doesn't have that underframe so it may be a 2001-2200 class. shouldn't be too hard to change a number or two. But otherwise you did a good job on this waycar. Wish mine would come out that good!

I never looked into that. Key is usually pretty good with their research so I took it for granted. I know my dad never noticed and wouldn't care so it'll stay as is. Thank you for the heads up though.

Looks great! I really like what you did with the wheels and trucks.

Thank you..I shot the wheels with rust on the faces..I shot the trucks with black and dry brushed rust on the high points..then hit them with floquil dust.

Back