Atlas forums registration

jackn2mpu

Tried searching the forum here but the search engine won't do a search (at least as far as I can tell) matching all words in a search term. Anyways, my question is: has anybody tried registering for the Atlas forums lately? I used to be registered there but haven't been there in a long time and I can't remember my password or forum name over there. Thought I had it in a file somewheres here at home but can't find it.

So I thought I'd register using a different email address and user name. I go through and enter the needed info in their form and hit submit. Another page comes up saying I have to enter my username and email address to prove I'm a human and not a spambot - I have no problem doing that. So I enter my new username and email address and the system comes back and tells me there's no such email address in their file. I have to do this as part of their registration so their system can send me a confirmation email, yada, yada, yada - we all know the drill on this. But because of this problem I can't finish my registration.

Anybody have any ideas? I don't think that I've been banned or anything like that, and the only way they could even ban me on a new email address is if they nuked my ip address.

Dunno...that is a hazard if you don't visit often. You forget. Also if a site wants to be secure they have many hoops of recognization to jump through!!

ANY MRRing forum I'm on I use the same username...that way, if I get stuck, I don't have to "remember" what It was! All train stuffs are the same and so far I have not had a problem with that strategy.
I'm getting to old to remember a bunch of passwords and site names.LOL Each has their reasoning and code.

ALso, that kinda allows other MRRs who do the same {or not} to "recognize me" when I am on a different forum.I see some of the same guys' names appearing here as well as on other forums too. Their avatar tells me they are one and the same.SO I am not alone....

I DO have a secret formula for creating passwords but I won't share that with you so no one can "break my code". LOL. Sorry you're on your own there!

I do tend to use the same username on train forums which was what I thought I'd sued on the Atlas forum. Passwords do vary and when I tried to use the 'Forget Password' link it came back with an error telling my either my username or email address was wrong. That's when I tried to create a new account using another email address I have and I ran into the problem above.

Lo and behold this morning when I went to check email there was a reply from Atlas with the 'click this link to finish registration' line. So I did. The weird thing is it came to the email address I originally used and NOT the email address I used last night to create the new account. Wonder if/when I'll get an email to confirm the account on that new email address (then I'll have two accounts)?

Obviously then, it apparently recognized your IP address and sent to old email addy.
I find that happening too. Having more than one server to poke at{aol, yahoo, etc} and more than one email {Yahoo email. Gmail, hotmail, etc} can do that!
At least it finally gave you what you needed.
Here is another secret I use. I send myself an email with a password and sign in name and email addy used for a particular "secured site". I then store it in my email "file cabinet", so I can bop in there and find what I am looking for without waiting for a email from the site!

Obviously then, it apparently recognized your IP address and sent to old email addy.
I find that happening too. Having more than one server to poke at{aol, yahoo, etc} and more than one email {Yahoo email. Gmail, hotmail, etc} can do that!
At least it finally gave you what you needed.
Here is another secret I use. I send myself an email with a password and sign in name and email addy used for a particular "secured site". I then store it in my email "file cabinet", so I can bop in there and find what I am looking for without waiting for a email from the site!
Not the swiftest thing to do as email is never secure. My stuff is in an encrypted spreadsheet on a non-web connected computer. This was the only case where I thought I had everything in that file but missed this one thing.

Back