Athearn maxi III detailing...

wongsing

Ok, so my LHS has about 4 of these 5 car sets as kits available at 39.00 a piece. I was thinking about gettig some, but I am aware of how much work they will need to be on the same level of detail as my Athearn maxi 1's and kato maxi IV's. So, my question is this, has anyone ever detailed these cars before? (I.e: thinner, more realistic vertical stantions, etched metal walkways, etc.) If so, I'd love to see some pics! Also, is anyone aware of where I could buy some etched metal walkways for these cars? I checked a-line but they don't have anything for the maxi III cars as far as I know. If I can't find anything to detail these cars with I may pass. Thanks fo any responses to this!

-Rich

Ill second Plano.

Might i offer a second suggestion. Run them in the middle of the consist, itll help hide their lack of details, and save you some time and money.

I replaced the weights in one of mine with Tungsten (find it at golfing shops, powder form). It upped the set about double the stock weight. Not quite prefect, but better.

Back